Draper City requires a building permit and inspection for new construction or whenever a building or home is remodeled. Permits are required to ensure compliance with local and state mandated regulations related to building construction, maintenance, and rehabilitation. Please contact the Building Department to obtain the required permits for your project. The Building Division works closely with the Planning Division and the Fire District to help maintain a safe and livable community.
- LOD/Open Space inspection (all natural lots in the Suncrest Project will require this inspection along with any lots adjacent to Draper City Open Space. All other lots in the City will be determined on a lot by lot basis). NOTE: All SWPPP provisions must be in place at the time of this inspection and both inspections completed at the same time.
- Erosion control – these inspections will be according to the SWPPP information provided on the site plans and will occur throughout the length of the project.
- Excavation observation certification (by geotechnical engineer).
- Footing inspection
- Foundation inspection
- Foundation Drain
- Temporary Power
- Sub-rough plumbing, sub-rough mechanical and/or sub-rough electrical
- Suspended concrete slabs including porches
- Radiant Heating
- 4-way rough - Framing & Shearwall nailing • Electrical • Plumbing • Mechanical
- Power to panel
- Fuel gas piping and test
- Flashing and weather resistive barrier (Lath inspection)
- Interior gypsum board (Only for braced wall panels or fire resistance-rated walls)