Tennis Lessons 2020
What:Tennis for youth has been a huge success each year. Penny Clinger and Binh Huynh as well as their staff are excellent and are all USPTA/USPTR certified teaching professionals. Together they have taught at Gold's Gym, Sportsmall, Alta Canyon, and South Jordan Center. They are focused on building a foundation of fundamentals for all levels. They bring their cutting edge teaching style obtained by continuous certification and education through USPTA. Youth classes will also taught by Riley who is great with kids and is working on finishing his certification.
Feel free to call them with any questions, especially if you have questions regarding your child's skill level: Penny at (801) 520-0480 or Binh at (801) 651-3486 or our Parks & Recreation Office at (801) 576-6570.
Who:Boys and girls ages 4-18 years old.
Schedule(you choose day and level, register for 1 or all 5 sessions)
- Session 1: June 1, 2020 - June 11, 2020
- Session 2: June 15, 2020 - June 25, 2020
- Session 3: June 29, 2020 - July 9, 2020
- Session 4: July 13, 2020 - July 23, 2020
- Session 5: July 27, 2020 - August 6, 2020
Where:Monday/Wednesday lessons will be taught at Smith Fields Park (13400 S. 200 E.) and Tuesday/Thursday lessons will be taught at Steep Mountain Park (364 E. Steep Mountain Dr. (15035 S.)) in Draper.
Parks & Recreation Department
1020 E. Pioneer Rd. (12400 S.),
Enter from the west entrance of Draper City Hall (lower level)
Draper City, UT 84020
Email Parks Maintenance
Email Recreation Programs & Park Reservations
Service Request for Parks & Trails
Ph: (801) 576-6570
Rainout HotlinePh: (801) 576-6570, Opt. 3
Link to Weather/Rain Out Information
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Like Us on Facebook
Draper Recreation Page
Registration:Starts March 11, 2020 (Many classes fill up quickly, register early!)
*Prior to registering, please read the cancellation and transfer policy at the bottom of this page.
Online registration is available. Registration may also be done in person at the Draper Parks & Recreation Office (1020 E. Pioneer Rd., bottom floor, enter on the west side).
Classes & Pricing:
|*Flights I, II, & III||12-18||Mon/Wed
*In this class, we will separate the advanced players from the beginners on two courts.*
- Little Stars: Red Ball-Ages 4-6 beginner. Focus will be on hand/eye coordination and stroke development. Teaching good sportsmanship while having lots of fun!
- New Stars: Orange Ball-True beginner level player between the ages 7-11. Introduction to tennis. First time students to our program.
- Gold Stars: Orange Ball-Returning students from previous years' ages 7-11. Review strokes and techniques. We will begin to rally and play points.
- Shootin' Stars: Orange and Green Dot Balls-Higher level beginners to intermediate players between the ages 6-12. Have attended classes in previous years or parents feel they have the ability to pick up quickly and are ready to rally and play out points. Students can handle longer class times.
- Flight I: Varsity or highly proficient. Can rally, keep score, and starting to play tournaments. Ages 12-18.
- Flight II: Intermediate player, ages 12-18.
- Flight III: Beginner player, ages 12-18.
What to bring:Lightweight clothing, sunscreen, hat, non-marking shoes, filled water bottle, and your own tennis racket.
The instructors reserve the right to move participants up/down as needed to fit their skill level and for the benefit of the participant and the whole class.
For adult classes see Adult Tennis & Workouts.
Youth Tennis Cancellation and Transfer Policy:
Cancellation Policy:If you cancel anytime, at least two weeks prior to the start date of the tennis class there will be a $10 cancellation fee with the remainder of the class fee refunded. If the cancellation takes place less than two weeks prior to the class start date, there will be a zero percent refund offered, no exceptions.
Transfer Policy:If the transfer of a tennis class session to another tennis class session takes place less than one week prior to the class start date there will be a zero percent refund offered no exceptions. If there is more than a weeks' notice and open availability, we will transfer with no cost.