Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Below is a summary of the Draper City Council Meeting held May 19, 2020. To view the meeting documents and listen to the archived meeting, click here.
Local Consent for an Off-Premises Beer Retailer Alcohol License for 7-Eleven Store: APPROVED
Request for approval of an off-premises beer retailer alcohol license for the 7-Eleven at 507 W. 12300 S. It meets the pedestrian pathway distance requirements from a community location and meets the provisions of Chapter 6-4 of the Draper City Municipal Code.
Eminent Domain Actions to Acquire Property: ITEM TO BE CONTINUED TO JUNE 2 MEETING
Request to file eminent domain actions to acquire real property for the purpose of widening and improving Lone Peak Parkway. Two properties remain to be acquired for the Lone Peak Pkwy Widening Project between 11400 S and 12300 S. These are owned by Harbert MSB Lone Peak Campus and Utah Power & Light Company.
City-Initiated Use Tables Text Amendment: APPROVED
In order to update code to comply with state standards, Draper City initiates text amendments to the Draper City Municipal Code. The State of Utah modified the Land Use and Development Management Act in 2019, clarifying when a Conditional Use Permit (CUP) may be denied by a city and requiring all city’s designate uses as either permitted or conditional. Given the high bar set by the state for CUP denial, the city is evaluating the use charts within Title 9 to modify what use categories are considered permitted, conditional or not permitted. This will ensure compliance with state law, while limiting use that may be detrimental to specific zoning districts.
City-Initiated 2020 Text Amendment: APPROVED
From time to time, Draper City initiates text amendments to the Draper City Municipal Code in order to update code, make clarifications and to propose common sense standards. The proposed bulk text amendments for the first quarter of 2020 covers modifications to Titles 9 and 17. The changes will:
1) Create a new use type for home occupations, Assembly and Repair, Limited.
2) Provide a zoning district purpose statement for the new MARF (Major Freeway Arterial Frontage) zone adopted on August 27, 2019 and add the new zone to the list of commercial zoning district.
3) Require residential driveways to be at least 20-feet in depth, exclusive of sidewalk, for both single-family and multi-family dwelling.
4) Prohibit driveway and garage parking spaces to count towards the minimum required guest parking spaces for residential developments.
5) Reduce the number of temporary signs allowed with a Special Event Permit and clarify where such signs are allowed to be posted.
6) Clarify that the MARF zone is allowed to have freeway frontage signage.
7) Eliminate the requirement to show building envelopes on subdivision plats.
Tentative Budget for Fiscal Year Ending June 30, 2021: APPROVED
Draper City has released its tentative budget for fiscal year ending June 30, 2021. A public hearing for public comment will be held at the next City Council meeting on June 2, 2020. The proposed budget is maintaining the current revenue amount collected from property taxes with no tax increase. The rates for water, storm water and solid waste utilities will remain the same. In addition, there are no new city staff requests and no new capital projects proposed, only existing projects. The budget includes a $2.7 million reduction to the general fund due to projections of reduced revenues from COVID-19. Reductions include decreased operating expenses such as no employee merit increases and reduced travel.
Amending Code for Traffic Regulations: APPROVED
Request to amend code regarding stopping, standing, and parking of vehicles on roadways. The amendments address problem areas and update traffic regulation standards. These include addressing parking near intersections to reduce the blocking of view angles, and enforcing no overnight parking on streets in the winter. This was reviewed by the police department and traffic committee.