SWPPP Permits and Criteria
A Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) is required for construction projects.
SWPPP plans assist Draper City, owners, developers, and contractors with implementing good housekeeping techniques and best management practices. It also ensures compliance with federal, state, and local code.
SWPPP will help reduce waste from chemicals and materials used in construction that may wash into storm drains during rainy weather. It also takes soil into account that may erode from construction sites and contribute to environmental degradation.
Apply for a SWPPP Permit
To apply for a SWPPP permit, fill out a notice of intent (NOI) based on the acre size and fill out the required documentation listed below. To submit for your permit, email your documentation to Lucas Fowler at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, call him at 801-576-6331.
Permit Information and Documents
Notice of Intent (NOI) Forms:
- NOI - Utah Division of Water Quality (Greater than 1 acre)
- NOI - Utah Division of Water Quality (Less than one acre PART of a common plan)
- NOI - Draper City (Less than 1 acre)
Checklists & Templates:
- SWPPP Checklist Decision Chart
- SWPPP Checklist - Less than 1 Acre - no CPD
- Design SWPPP Template - Less than 1 Acre or CPD
- SWPPP Checklist - Less than 1 Acre - Residential CPD
- Design and SWPPP Checklist - More than 1 Acre or CPD
Documents Required for Development:
- A-01 Special Environmental Considerations
- A-02 Final Drainage Design Criteria
- A-03 Procedure for LID Practices
- A-04 BMPs for Construction
- X-03 State SWPPP Inspection Form
- X-04 Notice of Termination (NOT) Process
- UTRC00000 SW Construction General Permit
Other Required City Permits for Construction: